A frozen atpl holder refers to somebody who has passed all the required theoretical exams but does not qualify him to be issued with a full atpl until he has logged a total of 1500 hours and subject to certain conditions: an atpl will remain frozen until you have reached 1500 hours of flying time, which is made up of the following criteria:
- 500 hrs multi-pilot in transport or commuter aircraft
- 250 hrs pic (or 100 pilot in command and 150 pic under supervision)*
- 200 hrs cross country flights (100 as pilot in command)
- 75 hrs instrument time
- 100 hrs night flight as pic or co-pilot
- Everything you need to know about going for the skills test is here: caa website
All Courses come with:
Full motion simulator session (normally 3 hours is sufficient to complete the skills test)
Detailed debrief and paperwork to be signed
Skills tests can be completed on the a320, a330, Embraer 190 or Boeing 737
3hrs is necessary if done individually, or 4hrs if shared with another pilot.
The TRE will help you complete the paperwork and send it off to the relevant authority.